Monday, August 18, 2008

I like good enviro ideas

And here is a good one: Envirosax. I got one of these bags as a gift and they are just the greatest, sassiest little bags. They're small enough and cute enough that I have no excuse to not use them rather than all those horrible plastic grocery bags. So I'm officially breaking up with grocery bags and have my new favorite gift to give (no surprises at Christmas).

And I'm on a bit of a tirade about consumer packaging these days. Just look at all that goes to waste in consumer packaging the next time you are at the grocery store. My big one -- the deli meats in the plastic containers drive me nuts-o. I actually had a talk with someone at Procter & Gamble while I was in Geneva to test a little business idea I had on this very issue. Her feedback was that the supply chain and manufacturing is established and changing it would be a huge cost that consumers would not be willing to pay for -- and consumers typically don't buy for the environment, convenience wins every time. Seems like there is room to do both in my book.

Get ready for more of this random blogging. It's better than dressing Ellie in a ballerina costumes I suppose and its enironmentally friendly.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey Girl! Sorry we didn't get to see you while you were here! Maybe next time... I hope you keep up the blogging. I like to be able to know what is going on in your world...

Take care!