Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Paris in April?

At one moment today, I was discussing an 8K fun run. The next minute, I was convinced to do the Paris Marathon and I said, "SOLD!" Actually, while that was what I said, I'll admit there was very little selling (or thinking for that matter). I wanted to do a race in Europe and when Ivy mentioned Paris the deal was done.

Since that precious moment, I have convinced my roommate, Kirstin, and two neighbors, Jon and Giovanni, to join us and that I will help train them. Because really, doing an MBA in a year AND a marathon sounds like the right thing to do. And we don't really spend much time together. But in all honesty, it was really quite logical. A five-step process actually:

1) It will be a great stress reliever
2) I'm already running a lot because the scenery is so gorgeous
3) I can eat 2x MORE cheese and chocolate! Just doing my part to fit in with the Swiss...
4) Rocco, the Italian roommate, will have to cook more pasta - It is incredible.
5) And lastly, what a great race to do for my 30th year!

It's a perfect plan. And one that will ensure I am not an umpa-lumpa in 9 short months given that my priorities seem to be on cheese, chocolate and pasta...

So come cheer us on April 6th in Paris!!!

1 comment:

CCT said...

Paris marathon sounds incredible! Wish I could join you...